Project Administrator Position, Quebec
Canadian Parents for French (CPF) is the national network of volunteers which values French as an integral part of Canada and which is dedicated to the promotion and creation of French-second-language (FSL) learning opportunities for young Canadians.
CPF is seeking a successful candidate to work closely with the Quebec Project Coordinator – located in Montreal, Quebec – in implementing CPF services and activities, updating social media content, securing new members and updating the database.
This position will start in April 2016 and run for 12 months on a part-time basis ($20/hour, approximately 25 hours per week, benefits optional). The successful candidate will work out of the Montreal area.
Under the direction of the Quebec Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will:
• Manage and update a database of CPF volunteers, partners, stakeholders and key decision makers in Quebec;
• Update the CPF website and social media platforms (Facebook pages, Twitter);
• Implement strategies to increase membership in Quebec;
• Assist the Coordinator in organizing FSL activities in elementary and secondary schools;
• Assist the Coordinator in organizing a conference for FSL stakeholders, researchers and government officials in the fall of 2016;
• Help organize parent information sessions on FSL activities in elementary and secondary schools and ongoing annual youth activities like Concours and the virtual choir.
• Help identify best FSL practices, resources and programs to support FSL learning, posting these online and distributing print resources to gain the support of parents and educators.
Knowledge and Skills required:
• A postsecondary degree or diploma in management, communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Fluency in written and oral French and English.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Well-versed on social media platforms; a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other public relation tools.
• The ability to work independently, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• Available to travel occasionally.
• Knowledge of FSL programs and resources is an asset.
Please email your cv and cover letter (in English or French) to [email protected]
by April 7th, 2016.